The months of April and May will be busy for Joint Affinity Groups and each of its partners, filled with conferences and meetings aligned with D5 Coalition’s priorities of diversity, equity and inclusion. Please read on for more information about these exciting events and how you can be part of the conversation!
Joint Affinity Groups
Council on Foundations Annual Conference: We Are the Change
- Monday, April 30, from 3:00-4:30 pm in Los Angeles at JW Marriott LA Live
Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE)
2012 Annual Conference and James A. Joseph Lecture & Awards Ceremony
- Friday – Sunday, April 27–29, in Los Angeles at JW Marriott LA Live
Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP)
AAPIP 2012 Annual Membership Meeting
- Sunday, April 29, 8:30-11:30 am, in Los Angeles at JW Marriott LA Live
Looking Back, Moving Forward: A Performance by Anna Deavere Smith
- Addresses 20-year anniversary of the civil uprising and improving relations between African-American and Asian-American communities.
- Sunday, April 29, 2:30-6:00 pm, in Los Angeles at JW Marriott LA Live
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
HIP GameChangers Conference
- Launches new campaign to increase resources in Latino communities in response to information revealed in report from the Foundation Center.
- Friday , April 27: California Endowment, 1000 North Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA
- Saturday, April 28: Millennium Biltmore Hotel, 506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
Native Americans in Philanthropy (NAP)
2012 Native Philanthropy Institute
- Wednesday – Friday, April 25-27 at The Westin LAX Airport Hotel
Women’s Funding Network (WFN)
Women, Economics and Peace: A Summit of Women’s Funding Network
Tags: aapip, abfe, affinity groups, communities of color, hip, joint affinity groups, nap, wfn